U.S. Geological Survey Data Release Workbench Beta: Phase 1
Recent USGS Instructional Memoranda have outlined a formal "Data Release" process for USGS scientific data. This Data Release Workbench brings together a variety of existing tools across
USGS to streamline release of USGS scientific data, and enables USGS researchers to verify completion of all aspects of data release.
USGS data release includes the following components:
What constitutes a release of USGS scientific data within USGS?
USGS data releases must include the following five elements:
- USGS Fundamental Science Practices (FSP)-compliant peer review of data and metadata, undertaken within USGS Information Product Data System
- FGDC-compliant Metadata describing the data
- A Digital Object Identifier (DOI) specific to USGS, and pointing to the data
- A reliable and publicly available location where the data can be accessed (via the DOI) such as ScienceBase
- Availability of the released metadata describing the data in the USGS Science Data Catalog
Please see the USGS Data Management Web site for more information on the Data Release process.
- U.S. Geological Survey
- Core Science Analytics, Synthesis, and Libraries
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org